svg cuts banner

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

puturkey time!

Hello all,
It has been a hard day so far as we had to put one of our kitties to sleep so I write this to leave the sadness behind and press ahead.
When the Autumn challenge was done last month someone had submitted an adorable idea. They had made a turkey using the pumpkin but left the body as a pumpkin. I thought it was so cute so I had to do my own take on it and here he is. I started by cutting the Ghost pumpkin from the Pick a Pumpkin SVG Kit Mary did. The sizes I cut were as follows.
Pumpkin 1,2 and 3 are cut at:w 5.444 h 5.250
Pumpkin 4 is cut at w 5.348 h 3.012
Accents are cut at w 5.444 h 4.085
Make the body as you would make a pumpkin then I inked the edges of the pumpkin body with Stampin up's pumpkin colored ink, really i did. LOL then I took the accents and used my Martha Stewart scoring board and scored lines straight down to make it look like a pumpkin and of course inked it with the pumpkin ink as well. I used leaf #2 for the tail feathers from Harvest Country Home SVG Collection and the maple leaf from Autumn Elements SVG Collection for the wings.The colors I used were Mustard, Apricot, and Pomegranate. Leaves were cut at W 2.65 x H 4.242 I hot glued them on the back and bent them as I felt they needed to give the effect of the tail feathers.  The wings were cut  at W 2.116 x H 2.190.  The feathers around the neck are cut at W1.421 x H 1.359. I used coffee AC card stock for the wings and the neck feathers  I used pomegranate AC card stock for the neck. The stem from the pumpkin and is cut at W 5.615 x H 2.315. The head is the acorn from Acorn Autumn SVG Kit and is cut at W 5.615 x H 2.315 The Lid and panels are cut at W 4.084 x H 2.030.  Accents for the acorn body are cut at W 2.464 x H 3.593. I used Lady bug AC card stock for that as it reminded me of Mary's turkey neck in her Thanksgiving Dinner SVG Kit. I embossed the accents for the bottom of the acorn through the tiny bubbles embossing folder to give it the bumpy affect. Assemble the acorn and the top.  I saved the stem from the lady bug color as I used that for the waddle. I trimmed off a bit and glued it underneath bending it down for the affect.
To make the  beak I cut triangles by hand and played with it till I got the look I wanted the hot glued it into place. I added black pearls to make the eyes and it is done. Thank you to the gal that made one for the challenge it was a great idea and I loved it. I only wish I could remember you name so I could give you credit for the idea. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Have a great day and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

 SVG Cuts Kits and Collections  Used:
 Pick a Pumpkin SVG Kit
 Acorn Autumn SVG Kit
 Harvest Country Home SVG Collection
 Autumn Elements SVG Collection

SVG Kit Mentioned by not used:
 Thanksgiving Dinner SVG Kit

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, Sharalyn! I love your Puturkey, he came out adorable! I want to make one now!!! Since you FORGOT to write the measurement down lol you need to come over to help me make him:) cause I'm not sure on the neck & feather wings. I don't want mine looking like a plucked Puturkey...hehe Great job! You are soooo creative and talented. I want you for my neighbor!

    Hugs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty re read that the only measurement I didn't remember to keep was the larger of the one wing leaf just do a couple of clicks larger than the small leaf for the wing and you should be OK. I am working on that "new" car so I can come your way but your welcome this way gal! hugs Sharalyn

    ReplyDelete