svg cuts banner

Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Little Baby Time!




Morin' Y'all,
Every year about this time we hear of lots of babies being born and there is a mad rush to get a gift for that new little one. Why not make a hand crafted gift? Every baby room has a baby lamp in it. That's so the new mom can come in and check on their precious gift,so why not make a lamp for that new mom or mom to be?

 When I  started thinking about his lamp I thought of my wild little grandsons and how they can really keep you hopping.
I used the small table lamp from Maison de Madeline SVG Kit  to make this baby Lamp. I stretched the lamp post a bit to make it  taller, then changed the cut outs to baby themed items. Since I like animals that is what I changed it to. Also I added a couple of turtles for good measure.( If you know a little about me you know I have real turtles.)

I used the Truck, Name decor and kites from Ryan's Play Date SVG Kit. The baby lamp would not be complete without baby shoes. I made the baby shoes by breaking apart the baby shoe and deleting the strap. Take the crescent shape that makes the cut out for the shoe out and move it to the toe then stretch it to fit the top of the toe. I used a 3/16 inch punch to make holes for the laces and put eyelets in then laced the shoe. I did this before I glued the top on. (I had a brilliant moment and did it that way. It does happen once in a while, lol.)  I had to add a little fun to it by hot gluing the shoes to the side of the lamp and truck  doing a wheelie.  The pinwheels were added using the Breezy Backyard Lever Card SVG Kit.I hot glued them to that back of the truck and onto a half of a toothpick. Then poke the toothpick through the top of the truck. 
 I will list the kits and collections I used at the bottom of this post and make a link to take you right to that sweet baby stuff. Mary made quite a few really cute kits and collections. There is an awesome fire truck in the new freebie this week. The kit is called Patriotic Parade SVG Kit. I will include a link to that as well.



I used a lot of print to cut on this as it is difficult for me to get up to date paper kits quickly. The two collections I used were Carta Bella Cool Summer and My Minds Eye Summer Splash. Although they are not from the same company,  they are both summer related and  fun and that was my main goal behind using these. I also like to show that you can use paper collections that are not baby themed or whatever your making to achieve the same cute look. 

 For those of you wondering no I don't have a wide format printer with a continuous ink system. I really cut my 12x12 card stock down to fit in my printer. That is something I would love in the future.
  I will include several pictures for you to get a good at my creation. Thanks so much for stopping by,
Y'all come back now ya hear?Have a super day everyone and Happy Crafting! Blessings, Sharalyn



Kits and Collections used:
Maison de Madeline SVG Kit                               
Ryan's Play Date SVG Kit
Bundle of Joy SVG Kit (baby shoes)
Little Sweet Pea SVG Collection
Baby Elements SVG Collection
Breezy Backyard Lever Card SVG Kit
 Patriotic Parade SVG Kit
 Free baby elephant from the blog

Supplies Used:

American Craft Card Stock
enamel Dots
Half of a toothpick
Twine from the Twinery
psst you can try the different twine colors by 
purchasing  a small sample kit. Then you'll know what
colors you use more and make a cost effective purchase. 
Link for the Kit with the fire truck. 
Patriotic Parade SVG Kit

 
                                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Sharalyn! Love everything about it... too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the same idea as what I had for the lamp contest! Crafty minds think alike :) Yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete