svg cuts banner

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Anniversary card and a Father's Day Card

Afternoon all,
 I wanted to share a couple of cards I made recently. I sent this to my dad for Father's Day and he loved it. Dad reminded me of a incident that happened when we were kids camping in Sequoia. Funny I had totally forgotten.

 I used Forest Country SVG Collection and The Camping at Fox Ridge SVG Collection to make this card. The Card base is a Stampin Up retired Color. I used the Bears and trees from Forest Country Collection. I embossed the trunks of the trees with cuttlebug Forest Branches emboss folder. I used a pen to make lines on the trees and a white gel pen to write Happy Fathers Day. The Raccoon is stealing the Bears roasted marshmallows, while dad sees his scared treed cubs. A small attempt at humor on my part. 
 
Here is another card  I saw a long time ago I think I even pinned it on pinterest.I loved this card but changed it a bit as I just didn't have some of that supplies they used. I did add some texture to the bottom by scoring it as I don't own a crimp-er.  It doesn't show well in the photo but it does when your looking at it. 


My mom had asked me to make a few cards for her and I think she'll be happy with this one. I love it but knew when I saw it it would cost me in pain big time.. It did. My mom will be happy with it and that is what matters to me. I have another I am working on and will post it as soon as I am done. The stamp set I have in mind for it hasn't arrived yet. It is a Stampin up set that is just too cute and perfect for what I have in mind. Plus I REALLY needed some wedding card stamp sets. I don't own any!
Have a really super day,thanks so much for stopping by and Happy  Crafting Y'all! Blessings, Sharalyn

SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Forest Counrty SVG Collection 
Camping at Fox Ridge SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock, Coffee,Caramel, Chocolate, Evergreen, Slate, Black, White
American Craft Chalkboard Stickers, Mayberry Collection 
Stampin Up, Vanilla, Card Stock, Linen Thread, Anniversary Stamp, White Gel Pen, Bird Punch
Cuttlebug Forest Branches Emboss folder
Recollections Ivory Pearls 
Ivory Ribbon from Stash
Star Paper from Stash

 

1 comment: