svg cuts banner

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Place of Rest...

Hi everyone!


I hope your having a great day! On July 8th we finally got to see the new amazing kit for Halloween by SVG cuts. It was much anticipated and waited for and in my opinion well worth the wait! I have seen a few spooky houses but with this kit you could easily turn it into whatever house you wanted. Well... you all know how much I love fall so my Manor became a fall dream house. If I saw this from the road in real life I would faint first come to and do my very best to buy it instantly!!! I love my house and where I live but I long for real fall sometimes. The smells the crispness in the air the sound of leaves crunching under your feet. Oh how I love it all! So grab a cup of coffee or hot apple cider and lets dive into fall for a while. We can escape the heat for a few minutes.

I started with the Maple Manor and used Graphic 45's French Country paper. The AC card stock I used were Coffee, Pomegranate and Latte on the house. Make the house as Mary explains so well in the tutorial video. I wanted my windows to be clear so I used write on Transparency film. I have a huge box that I spent 30.00 on so I have to use it as much as possible. It cuts well on a circut and my silhouette. Another great idea would be to use the kind you can print on and print a stain glass window on a window or two of your house. I used two embossing folders one for the door and one for the accent panels for the top. Both were Tim Holtz  one called Brick and the other was Wood-grain. For the front door knob I used a Hero Arts Metallic Decor in gold. I have talked about these before but I really like them for that certain touch. I used Brilliance Gold dew drop ink pads to ink around the edges of windows and such.
Now that I had done that the fun for me was really about to begin. I started making my house look more like the fall feel I wanted. I have to admit I got lost in the house and wandered around in the yard for a while when I was making it.  I also want to clarify that I have a box of stuff I have cut for other projects and couldn't throw away because I could use them for other things so a lot of this stuff I didn't cut and put together it was in my box already. I went to work cutting leaves from Autumn Elements collection and the size I cut was W 0318 H. 0.580 I cut them on a slow speed of 2 and the colors I used were AC Dandelion, Lemon, Pomegranate, Apricot.  I used my flower shaping tools to bend the leaves up. The vines and pumpkin Leaves are AC Card stock Olive color. I cut the leaves for the pumpkin at W. 0.703 H. 0.485. I am giving you all these measurements but you can make life simple on yourself by bringing in the small pumpkin, stem and leaves and accents. Select all and shrink it all down but I was trying to find the right size for the front step so I went this route instead. Small Pumpkin W.3.619 H 2.094. On this small pumpkin the bottom wont fit right and if you know a way for it to fit right please tell me. It wont matter as though as I hot glued the pumpkin to the bottom step and no one knew till I just blabbed. Also I used my cuttle-bee tweezers to hold the stem and the pumpkin together for a few minutes while it dried. The accents for the pumpkin were cut at W. 3.169 H 1.142 . Now for the really tough part (remember use those tweezers if you have them) The Stem was cut at W. 1.083 H 0.815. I inked the edges of the pumpkin with pumpkin ink from Stampin up and the stem I used an old favorite of mine called Thyme. It isn't available anymore but you might find it on eBay. I started with the vines first then glued the leaves to the vine and then my glued my pumpkin down. then glued leaves here and there and had the sunflower buttons I glued them on and took my 3 heart punch also from Stampin up and made the welcome door mat. the tree is from the card in the Fall Harvest Kit. I had used a wood grain embossing folder on the bark but it was a Cuttlebug folder. then I sponged red and yellow ink on the "leaves" of the trees. I only used two of the trees as I liked it that way. Then I took my linen thread from Stampin up and tied it around the branches to make the swing. I had a piece of a board from the Carmel Apple pie kit I had shrunk down cut and printed from the flower cart I had not used and I poked a hole through the edges to put the thread through and tied a double knot. The owl was a button as well that I had found at the fabric store but I am sure you can get something like that from Buttons Galore. I order a lot of buttons from them as I love the way the look. The acorns flat buttons are from there as well.  I had corn stalks in that box as well I had used from the scarecrow I made a while back. I tied three together with the linen thread and tied it around the post.
I hope your not exhausted from reading all the stuff I did. I am typing it. LOL anyhoo that is how my house came about and I used a lot of scraps and a little bit of this and that. The 1/8 inch red ribbon was from the present that Deb from Deb's Crafty Side sent me for my B day. See I think I am a hoarder of stuff like that. LOL I just can't throw away good crafting stuff. Recycle people!!! I think I have infected my daughter as well cuz on the 4th of July I had given my daughter some of those glow stick things for the grandkids and she opened them and they had these cool tiny paper tubes protecting them and my daughter says to her friend Save those my mother would go nuts over them.. I did as soon as I saw them my mind was spinning with what I could do with them... yep Recycle/ hoarder nut.
 Anyway thanks for stopping by and I hope you got a little relief from the heat walking around my house for a while. I will post some links to the kits and collections I used at the bottom of this Book and as always Happy Crafting Y'all! Blessings, Sharalyn

SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Maple Manor SVG Kit
Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit
Autumn Elements SVG Collection
Hill Harvest SVG Kit
Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit
Harvest Hill Farm SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock, Latte, Pomegranate, Lemon, Apricot, Coffee, Dandelion, Olive
Graphic 45 French Country Collection
Tim Holtz Emboss folders, Brick, Wood-grain
Stampin up Card Stock Vellum, Linen Thread
Buttons Galore and More: Buttons
Brilliance Gold Ink
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Hot Glue and Glue Gun

PS. I am working on a little Halloween and more Fall stuff today stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment