svg cuts banner

Monday, July 15, 2013

Wedding Card for Mom

Hey Y'all,


Sorry I haven't been on here. I have had some issues with my leg knee we aren't sure. All I know is I DO NOT want a doctor pushing on my right hip again! I went Friday last week and he put me in a world of hurt till today.  I tried working on my Maple Manor but I just couldn't sit there. Anyhoo, I have a project I said I would share with you but till now haven't even been able to sit at my computer.

I used High Skies SVG Kit, Silhouette Cuts  or Stampin up on this card.  I have a couple of friends that are Demonstrators for Stampin Up and one that just has a lot of it.

 So the project was a wedding card and we all know how I feel about those! Mom called and said she needed a anniversary card and a wedding card. DOUBLE WAMMY!!!!! I am not a fan of those and have a lot of trouble doing them. Anyway I did get them done and mom was super happy with them. She will send me a check soon.

I started with a gate fold card base and used the framelits dress form set from Stampin up. I made the dress a long dress by only cutting half of the framelit out and used scissors to do the rest. Then I embossed the dress using Sizzix Flourishes embossing folder, then I added tiny pears from Michael's. I took a 1/4 in scrap of ivory ribbon and crossed it in the front then finished it off with one of the roses from the vanilla flower trim from Stampin up. Add some pears for the necklace on the dress form from the framlits set and there ya go! Then I found a suit in the silhouette store and used that I cut thin strips to make the stripes and used glossy accents to make it shiny. I added rhinestones for the cufflinks and tiny black pears for the buttons from Michael's as well.

  When I used the card base and the lattice from High Skies Kit, I broke apart and deleted the cut outs for the card as I wanted the back to be solid. I did try to use SVG cuts but there wasn't quite the suit or the dress style I was looking for, plus my friend Judy lets me borrow her stuff if I have a need and she had that framelit dress set. I don't have that one yet but maybe in the future. Then I  saw a new stamp set in the new catalog that would work perfect with this or for my idea. I bought the Just Married set and used the shoes to stamp on the inside. Now the way I got the shoes to be shiny and still have detail is I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped the shoes with black first then stamped them again with Versa Mark and used a fine detail clear.. I think it was hold on I'll look... yep it was ultra fine clear emboss powder from Hero Arts. Now I would love to say that was my idea but it wasn't it was my dear friend Rose that gave me that Idea. Her shoes I stamped with Versa Mark and then used white embossing powder.
I stamped the glasses and used a tiny bit of Ranger star Dust Stickles for the bubbles. I hand wrote the congratulations on the top and used my Martha Stewart edge punch for the inside edges of the card. For the door knobs on the outside I used the Graphic 45 Metal Brads.


I will add a picture of the stamp set I used and you can get that from any Stampin up Demonstrator, and if you have a demonstrator you get a small discount. It is worth having one I have bought and used a lot of cool stuff from them. The framelits come in this cool plastic envelope with a snap and I really like that it will keep them from getting bent in my stash.

I used a card wrap from the Silhouette online store and tied it all up with a sheer ivory ribbon and one of the cool keys from Graphic 45 called ornate Metal Keys.. I used Secret  Garden paper for the wrap also from Graphic 45. Then end result was quite nice and mom was very happy with it so mission accomplished for now.

So that is what I have done lately I am working slowly on my Maple Manor and will get it done but not as fast as I had hoped. Sitting with my knee bent for while makes it very unhappy. I will post the link for the High Skies Kit for ya. Thanks for stopping by I hope you weren't bored with this one. Hopefully the next post will be my version of Maple Manor. Happy Crafting all! Oh and guess what I forgot to take a picture of the anniversary card before I sent it Ah Yah I am that kind.. LOL  It was just another one of the bird cards but I used a forest green with ivory.. Blessings Sharalyn

 SVG Kits Used:
High Skies SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
American Craft Vanilla Card Stock
Recollections Black Card Stock, Pearls, Rhinestones, Ivory Ribbon, Michael's
Stampin Up Ribbon Rose, one rose cut from ribbon, Sheer Vanilla Ribbon, Just Married Stamp Set.
Graphic 45 Metal Nails, Ornate Keys, Secret Garden paper collection
Hero Arts Clear Fine Detail Emboss Powder
Ranger Star Dust Stickles
 Martha Stewart Edge Punch

2 comments:

  1. That card turned out really cute, I like the way the front looks like a door holding the wedding outfits.

    ReplyDelete