svg cuts banner

Monday, September 15, 2014

Paper Packages tied up with String

Hey Y'all,

Have you ever made something kind of by accident? Well, that is how this box came about. I thought it was cute and I love pretty packages don't you? I am a little early but I was working on something for someone for Christmas and that is how this came about.
 I started with the paper clip box from Good Day at the Office SVG Kit. I cut it at the size it imports keeping in mind that I wanted this to look like the bottom half of  a sled. I cut the lid in brown card-stock and the bottom we will discuss later. To make the red strip around top of the lid I cut one of the side panels down using my knife tool. Use your knife tool and cut the bottom portion of one of the lid sides off to H 0.780. The piece will then be W 9.956 x H 0.780. Set this aside as you will adhere this to the top portion of your lid around the outside edge.  Now from Winter Gazebo SVG Kit use the sled and the ice skate panels to make the rest of the sled. The Sled was sized to W 7.594 x H 4.205. That is with all the pieces brought in and put on top of each-other as if you were putting it together.  The ice skate panels are sized to W. 6.210 x H 2.226. I used a little clear Wink of Stella pen on the blades to give it a little sparkle. Put the lid together as you would normally.Glue the skate blade to the side of the boxes making sure to note that you have the blades going in the same direction on either side.  I told myself this as well. I didn't want to have one blade going one way and the other the wrong way. Your blades should be adhered just slightly above the bottom edge of your lid. You will be covering the top portion of the blades with your red strip.
 Now take that red strip and carefully glue to the top portion of your lid, being extra careful not to glue the straight edge at the ends, down all the way. I matched up the score lines and then slid the edges you would normally glue together under the straight edge, then glued it into place. This was so I would have perfect placement.
Glue your sled together and place onto to top of the box. Try to match the bent corners of the box just above your steering bar.  I used twine I twisted and knotted together for the rope. Make loop at the top and use something to carefully poke a hole then place your brad through the loop and the holes at the top of the sled. I tied an extra piece of twine around the cute skates and wrote Merry Christmas on them. I used a clear Wink of Stella pen on those blades as well. The skates are from the Sled Lever Card in the Winter Gazebo SVG Kit as well.  They are cut at the size they import. On the sled itself I used my Darcy wood grain folder and slid just the boards  inside  the folder leaving the rest of the sled outside of it. Emboss that and then do just  the end of the boards in your emboss machine. Do not roll all the way through the machine only up to the edge of the boards where you desire emboss. Hot glue the tied twine onto the side of the box.  The Holly is  from Shaped Christmas Cards SVG Collection. I took deleted the cut out and drew on vines with a brown marker. The edges were inked with a dark green ink. The size is about 1 1/2 inches. It was a cut I had in a box so I cannot be exact on the size.

Now for the bottom of the box. I don't know about you but whenever I make something out of the really pretty card-stock it doesn't seem to hold heavy things well. The only time it has been very sturdy was when I used Carta Bella paper. This paper is from My Minds Eye Sleigh Bells Ring Collection. So to fix that, I cutting another box sides.  I cut off the flaps with my knife tool. Before gluing  the insert together, set the insert inside the already glued box sides. Do this before you glue the bottom of your outer box on.  Set your outer box and insert box on a table and glue the tabs of your insert together. This will be a snug fit so you can lift it all off the table once that is done and add glue in between your insert and outer box. Once this is dry glue your bottom on and then your insert for the bottom of the box which comes with the kit. I inked the edges lightly with a black ink pad as I didn't want the white core to show so much.

That was all I did and it does seem like a lot when I read it again. Sometimes I wish I could show you exactly what I did but I try my best to explain it all. If you have questions just ask I will do my best to explain myself. LOL. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Have a wonderful evening y'all and Happy Craftin'. Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits Used:
Good Day at the Office SVG Kit
Winter Gazebo SVG Kit
Shaped Christmas Cards SVG Kit

Suppies Used:
American Craft Card Stock: Rouge, Chestnut, Evergreen, Charcoal
Bazzill Card Stock: Smooth White
My Minds Eye: Sleigh Bells Ring Collection
My Minds Eye: Enamel Dots, Lost and Found Record it Heirloom collection
Twine
Decorative brad from Stash
Stampin up Ink: Always Artichoke
Colorbox: Black ink
Hot Glue
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

1 comment:

  1. That turned out so cute! I have no imagination when it comes to mixing SVGcuts files to make something entirely different.

    ReplyDelete