svg cuts banner

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Something Special For my Grand Boys!

Hey Y'all,

I had to share my candy cane gingerbread house with you all. I made this for the grand boys that will be here on Christmas day. I made this up last night and it was so easy!
Remember those extra snowflakes I made???? They are here on the front back and sides as well. This is a free gift from Mary and Leo to us for Christmas. Completely free no purchase necessary from SVG Cuts and Mary and Leo Kowal, but your time is limited, the kit is called Santa's Sweets SVG Kit.

Make the Ginger bread house as Mary instructs in the video tutorial. It can be found on Youtube just type in the kit name and the word tutorial. I used my Tim Holtz Snowflake pattern emboss folder for the white on the top and the trim. I used the Simple Stories Cozy Christmas Collection paper for this project so I had the stickers as well. I took part of the candy cane sticker strip and cut it to fit the top of the trim. I hot glued the dancing Rudolf to the top of that strip. They were given to me and are buttons so I am not sure where they are from originally .  I added the enamel dots from Simple Stories Cozy Christmas Collection to the center of the front snowflakes and used Red stickles for the back ones. The front door has one gold glitter enamel dot from this same collection.
For my gingerbread man, I used my Stampin Up chocolate chip marker to make dash lines for his mouth. Then finished the outside with dash lines using a white Sakura gel pen. The Brown Enamel dots are from Simple Stories Sweater Collection.

I realized to late that I put the white side pieces on backwards but the boys won't care. I added the white liquid pearls to the centers because I liked the way Mary had done hers.  The Snowflakes are from Santa's North Pole Workshop SVG Collection and are sized at W 0.917 x H 1.058. This was the number 1 snowflake that I cut a full page of and just kept the extras. See, ya never know when something like that will come in handy to have.

That is how I made it and this is a wonderful kit, so useful to have! I have made the snowman as well and posted the photos on the Svg Cuts Facebook Page. To all A very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year full of God's Blessings. I look forward to the New Year and the many happy days I will be sharing my projects with all of you. Thanks for stopping by and reading my Blog and Happy Craftin' Y'all!  Blessings, Sharalyn

SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Santa's Sweets SVG Kit
Santa's North Pole Workshop SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
Bazzill Cardstock: Ruby Slipper, Smooth White, Walnut
Simple Stories Cozy Christmas Collection, Enamel Dots
Simple Stories Sweater Weather Enamel Dots
Tim Holtz Snowflake Pattern Emboss Folder
Ranger Liquid Pearls, White
Ranger Stickles Christmas Red
Stampin Up Chocolate Chip Pen
Sakura White Gel Pen
Reindeer Buttons
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Hot Glue
Silhouette Cameo

Don't forget that http://www.svgtools.co/?Click=4387 has all your needs for software, blades, mats Machines and special SVG cuts seasonal Stamps. :)

4 comments:

  1. beautiful I know your grands will be thrilled with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know they will too. They are sweet boys and I am blessed to have them. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I know they will and the will even get grandma Turtle's humor.. that is what the oldest two call me because of our tortoises. The oldest one gave me my name when he was about 2. I will treasure it always!:)

      Delete