svg cuts banner

Sunday, April 17, 2016

A hat to remember...

Afternoon all,
It is a very cool breezy Sunday afternoon here today. I hear some of you are having our 81 degree weather. If your done with it could you send it my way as I am used to it being that temperature here this time of year and at 1:11pm we are at 70 degrees. A bit chilly for my liking.

Mother's day is May 8th and I have been thinking about what I could do for Dreaming Tree. I had not had a chance as yet to do that wonderful hat so I took this opportunity to make it Mother's day style. I hope you like it and I will share the sizes I used for the lily as that was the only thing I altered.

I started with my very favorite paper, Graphic 45 Ladies Diary. I need to get myself a good horde of that paper I just love it! Using American Craft Vanilla card stock, I cut the hat at the size it imports and put it together. The edges of the green paper were inked with iced spruce and the rest of the paper was inked with vintage photo by Tim Holtz. Using the flowers from this same bundle I cut flowers from Colonel white, from Close to my Heart. I inked the edges of each flower with Rose Red ink from Stampin up. I shaped the flowers with my Mc Gill Flower shaping tools and set them aside. I cut the leaves from Graphic 45 Ladies Dairy and inked the edges of them with Tim Holtz iced spruce. I always use a sponge dauber as I seems to get better coverage with them.

I knew I wanted a lily if not a couple but the only lily I could find was the one from the Cascade Card Bundle so I used that and made it larger. The sizes I used will be at the bottom of this post. I made tiny dots with Rich Razzleberry stamp n'write marker, then cut the center using American Craft mulberry card stock. It wasn't quite the depth I wanted for the center so I darkened it with the Rich Razzleberry Marker. The edges of the blue stem were inked with bliss blue ink using a sponge dauber to bring the blue from the paper to the design. If I had a blue bells pattern I would have made those for the hat to bring in the blue. (Hint, Hint, Ron!)

Once the body of the hat was made I used a wide lace and mauve ribbon to bring in a delicateness to the whole hat. I curved the leaves and placed the flowers almost in a flowing motion. While I  decided where I wanted the flowers to go I thought about how I had read and heard that in those times ladies hats were almost an expression of themselves. I used my Epiphany craft oval tool to place a "cameo" so to speak on the center of the lace and ribbon. One of the roses from the darker paper was my focal point which tied the whole feel of it together.

When I was young I went to a few mother daughter lunches with my mom always wearing matching dresses my mother sewed. This to me is a memory of moms and mothers day and will be special in my heart forever, the flowers the hats the special lunch just you and your mom. This is what mother's day is to me. Making memories and sharing with your mom how special she is.

I hope you enjoyed my Mother's Day hat, if you make one I would love to see it. You can post it on my Facebook page, Shara's Paper Creations, or Dreaming Tree or Paper Crafting with electronic machines. I would love to see your take on them.  Many blessings on those moms that did and do so much for their children, I assure you we remember. Thank you so much for stopping by on this Sunday afternoon and reading my blog. Have a lovely day and Happy Craftin' Y'all.
Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Bundle Used:
Daffodily Spring SVG Bundle
Cascade Cards SVG Bundle

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock: Vanilla, Mulberry
Close to My Heart: Colonel White
Graphic 45: Ladies Diary
Tim Holtz Ink: Vintage Ink, Iced Spruce
Epiphany Crafts: Oval Tool and bubble cap
Stampin Up Ink: Rose Red, Bliss Blue, Rich Razzleberry Marker
Michaels: Adhesive Pearls
Wide lace: from Stash
Mauve 1/4 inch ribbon: Stash
Hot glue Gun
Scotch quick dry adhesive
Silhouette Designer addition
Silhouette Cameo

Cut Lily: W 3.270 x 3.352 H
Lily Shadow w/stem: W 4.957 x 2.903 H
Lily Stem: W 1.094x 0.779 H

2 comments:

  1. So Beautiful.....................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish my Mother was here to share "Mother's Day" with me. I would have loved to make this for her.

    ReplyDelete