svg cuts banner

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Love You Mom, Americana Style

Mornin' Y'all,
Today I am bringing to you some Americana, courtesy of Dreaming Tree's (3dsvg.com) Love You Mom Bundle. This bundle is amazing all on it's own but when I saw it I thought of my mother in law who was born on the 4th of July. That is independence day here in America and our first year without her, so in honor of her I made a Love you Mom Hydrangea Tray Americana style.  Happy Mother's day to you Joan, we love you with all our hearts!

To change the center panels for the flower pots I ungrouped and release compound path, then moved the letters off to the side. I used the star shape from Star Gift Box to replace the letters by placing the star in the center of the panel and then making a compound path. Each panel was inked on the edges and to the front a bit with Tim Hotlz vintage photo ink. The same ink was used on the boxes as well as the sides and front panel for the tray and the vanilla flowers. This is to give it the vintage Americana feel. I used the star that goes on the front of the Star Gift Box to bring out some dimension. Cut the panels from your chosen pattern paper.  Each star was cut from ruby slipper, vanilla and admiral card stock. A thin covering of Star Dust Stickles was added to bring out the stars.

The lids for the boxes were cut using the same red, vanilla, and blue theme. I started with the lids all being vanilla just as they are similarly on in the instructions but it just didn't pop to me, so they were changed. The flowers are cut from the same three colors and white pins were purchased and inked with my E37 Copic Marker. I knew when I purchased them I would be changing the color. Another cute idea would be to make them red white and blue on the different flowers. You can change the color of any peal or clear rhinestone by using a permanent marker.  But it is your design so you do what appeals to you most. The leaves were cut using Bazzill Rain Forest and inked with Always Artichoke from Stampin up. I chose a darker red and blue to ink the flowers. The Brackets were cut using the Ruby Slipper from Bazzill and Hero Arts Metallic Décor blue adhesives where added to the holes.

I started this whole project thinking of my mother in law for Mother's Day and ended with thinking about her again this time what would have been her 96th birthday. So here is to you mom, Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday you are in our hearts forever. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, Have a wonderful Mother's day and Happy Craftin' Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

3D svgs Used
Love You Mom SVG Bundle
Star Gift Box SVG

Supplies Used:
American Craft Card Stock: Vanilla
Bazzill Card Stock: Rain Forest, Ruby Slipper, Admiral
Little Yellow Bicycle Card Stock: Vintage Summer Collection
Hero Arts Metallic Décor: Blue
Ranger: Star Dust Stickles
Copic Marker: E37
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Vintage Photo
Close to My Heart: Barn Red, Outdoor Denim
Stampin Up: Always Artichoke
Lineco Neutral pH Adhesive
Silhouette Designer Addition
Silhouette Cameo

Star Sizes
Star cut out/ panel: W 1.545 x 1.466 H
Star Center: W 1.009 x 1.061 H

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job. These are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and given all the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much colleen, it is my pleasure to share the details.:)

      Delete