svg cuts banner

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Need a box for Dad?

Happy Sunday Afternoon all,
We are about a week away from Father's Day and for those of you that are in need, I have a box for you. It is quick and easy.

Using the Peony Gift Box From Dreaming Tree, I cut the top of the box using Bazzill Mocha Divine card stock then cut the bottom of the box using American Craft Pine Card Stock. I cut the accent pieces out of Echo Park Jack and Jill, Explore collection. I made a rectangle to fit the bottom portion just inside the score lines and will list the size at the bottom of this post.

Use the ribbon to make your strip across the top and front and back. I used a short piece for the front of the box and long for the top. Glue the short pieces on the front and back then glue your octagon on top of that. Glue the long piece onto the top of the octagon. I used a dark brown ink pad to shade it.

I added Hero Arts Metallic dots  to the edges of the box lid and the clasp is from Hobby Lobby. It is a company called spare parts. I have found many really great goodies from this company I will be using them in future projects.
The bottom, though you can't see it is Cinnamon Bazzill cardstock stamped with a wood background stamp. On the back where the two "ribbon" stripes meet are four of the metallic dots from Hero Arts.

A easy box to put together and even easier to impress because of the clasp on the front. They will think you put a ton of work into it but really it was an quick box sure to make any dad  happy.

That is all I have made for Father's Day. I am working on cards myself for some of the males in my life I love very much. I wish all of you a very Happy Father's Day. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Happy Craftin' Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

Love You Mom SVG Bundle

Supplies
Bazzill Card Stock: Mocha Divine, Cinnamon
American Craft Card Stock: Pine
Echo Park Card Stock: Explore Collection
Hero Arts: Metallic Adhesives
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Ground Expresso
Spare Parts: locking clasp
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Designer Addition
Silhouette Cameo

Accent piece for the bottom of the box: W 2.477 x 4.032 H

No comments:

Post a Comment